Just as there is only one truth, there also is only one happiness. True happiness comes from a warm relationship with God. Abraham, Noah, Daniel and a host of other people have had this true happiness in the past.
What is true happiness? Happiness is:
* Finding the true purpose for your existence (Eph. 2:10).
* Knowing God's Will and then performing it daily in your life (Matt. 6:10; 7:21; Luke 8:21; 1 John 2:17; 1 Peter 2:15; 4:2, 6; Col. 1:10).
* Having the attitude of a servant toward others at all times as Jesus Christ, our Savior and example, did (Rom. 15:2-3; 1 Cor. 10:24; Matt. 20:26-28; 23:11).
* Having the knowledge of the truth - God's word - and being set free from all religious deception, with its satanic tentacles that grip the earth (John 8:31-32; Rev. 12:9).
* Being set free from all pagan religious traditions of men that make the worship of Jesus Christ in vain (Mark 7:7).
* Receiving answered prayer because you are constantly doing God's Will and are pleasing in His sight (1 John 3:22; John 9:31).
* Hating what is evil and loving what is good (Psalm 45:7; 97:10).
* Hating worldliness and the things that war against the Spirit, such as dirty movies and magazines, swearing, lying, stealing, lusting, drunkenness, etc., for these things are not pleasing to God.
* Always being patient toward others.
* Always forgiving others and not holding any bitterness toward them.
* Always living to please God within your marriage and having happy and obedient children.
* Always having peace and not letting those who have no peace take yours (Rom. 14:19; Psalm 34:14).
* Always having faith in Christ Jesus that He will supply all your needs after you have done God's Will, and knowing that all will go right for the righteous (Is. 3:10, Matt. 6:25-33).
* Going to God and His word for the truth, instead of to books written by men, which are a great source of religious confusion.
* Keeping life simple by keeping it pure.
* Having the trusting attitude of a child toward the Lord at all times (Matt. 18:3).
* Learning who Jesus Christ really is by studying God's word, instead of believing what man says He is.
* Studying God's word for the answers to all of life's problems and questions (2 Tim. 2:15; 3:16-17).
* Wearing out your Bible for God by reading it every day and highlighting the Scriptures (Acts 17:11).
In conclusion, true happiness is knowing God's Ways and putting them into action in your daily life. This is the only way to be a friend of God. Remember always, Jesus Christ is God and we must keep only His words in order to be truly happy and never see death (John 8:51).