How to Repent
How do you repent? You repent by bearing good fruits. You bear good fruits by doing good works (Col. 1:10). What kind of good works are good fruits? Here are some ideas.
1. Study to show yourself approved by God. Study your Bible to give a good answer to someone who asks you a question (2 Tim. 2:15).
2. Pray for others (Col. 4:2-3; 1 Thess. 5:17).
3. Put some money away each payday for God (Prov. 3:9-10).
4. Visit someone in the hospital for God (Matt. 25:36).
5. Cheer up a widow for God (Job 29:13).
6. Do you know someone on welfare who is having a rough go of it? Are her children in need of clothes or bunk beds? Help out (James 2:15-18).
7. Pay your bills. As much as is possible, owe nothing to anyone (Rom. 13:8).
8. Be content with what you have (Heb. 13:5; Phil. 4:11).
9. Do not charge interest to your brother (Psalm 15:5; Ex. 22:25).
10. Lend to those who are in need (Luke 6:35).
11. Do not give what is holy to swine (Matt. 7:6).
12. Do not hold grudges or hard feelings or harbor a spirit of bitterness (Heb. 12:15).
13. Give to those who are in need (Luke 6:38; 2 Cor. 9:6; Luke 3:10-11).
14. Forgive everyone for everything they do against you (Matt. 18:22; Eph. 4:32).
15. Cheer up the elderly (James 1:27).
16. Don’t forsake your parents when they are old (Eph. 6:2-3).
17. Do not use coarse or crass talk, naughty talk. Do not use vulgar language, swearing, etc. Do not use the Lord’s name in vain (Ex. 20:7; James 3:8; Eph. 5:3-6; Matt. 12:36-37).
18. Use the expression, “If God wills” (James 4:13-15).
19. Do all you do in the name of Jesus Christ (Col. 3:17).
20. Invite poor, crippled, lame or elderly people over for dinner (Luke 14:13).
21. Share your wealth, clothes, home, car, time and resources with others (1 Tim. 6:17-18).
22. Invite people to stay with you if they need a place. Do it for God (Matt. 25:35).
23. Glorify God with good works (Matt. 5:16).
24. Pray in secret. Don’t use repetitions prayers. Don’t use long prayers. Don’t use memorized prayers (Matt. 6:7).
25. Give in secret (Matt. 6:3-4).
26. Teach your children God’s Ways (Prov. 22:6).
27. Love your spouse. Show affection to your spouse daily (Col. 3:14).
28. Keep your house, body, car, clothes, shoes and yard clean for God (God wants to see what we will do with what He gives us. Taking care of our possessions and sharing them with others is how He can bless us with more (Mal. 3:10; 2 Cor. 9:10-12).
29. Do good to your enemies (Matt. 5:44).
30. Pray to God about your needs (1 John 3:22)