God’s Marriage Laws of Love
Below is a list of God’s rules for a blessed marriage relationship:
1. Husbands are to love their wives and are not to allow themselves to harbor any hard feelings against them (Eph. 5:28-29).
2. Wives are to be in loving subjection to their husbands, because the Lord says they should for their own good (Eph. 5:22).
3. Married couples are not to deny one another (deny the needs of each other), because when they do, Satan can tempt them (1 Cor. 7:3, 5).
4. Do not repay evil for evil by arguing with one another, but seek peace and pursue it earnestly (Prov. 20:22; 1 Peter 3:11-12).
5. Never let the sun go down on your wrath by going to bed angry with one another by (Eph. 4:26).
6. Forgive one another daily (seventy times seven), so the Lord can continue to forgive you (Matt. 18:21-22).
7. Learn to serve one another daily so that you will be pleasing not only to the Lord, but to your mate as well (Mark 9:35; Rom. 15:2-3).
8. Let your charity for each other (kindness and love) shine so bright that others will imitate your godly example of love (Matt. 5:16).
9. The family that prays together stays together. Pray together each night for others, as well as for your own needs. Whenever two are in agreement with one another, it will be so (Matt. 18:19).
If you follow these marriage laws of love, God can then teach you to love one another (1 Thess. 4:9; 2 Thess. 1:3). Then God will protect you from the evil one, Satan, who will try to destroy your marriage (2 Thess. 3:3). Remember always—through love, serve one another (Gal. 5:13).
Walk by these spiritual laws and you will not carry out the evil desires of the flesh (Gal. 5:16, 24). Your marriage will be blessed and you will be pleasing to God (Eph. 5:10).